Eye Protection From the Sun Especially Important for Kids
Taken from Wall Street Journal article published July 8, 2014
“Most parents are careful to spread sunscreen on their children. One risk from the sun that often gets overlooked: damage to young eyes.
Vision-care experts are stepping up efforts to raise awareness of the danger of overexposure to the sun’s ultraviolet rays, which is cumulative and irreversible. Children and adolescents are especially vulnerable to the sun’s rays because their ocular lenses aren’t yet mature and can’t filter UV light as effectively as adults, causing damage to the retina. The average child takes in about three times the annual UV exposure of the average adult, and an estimated 25% of a person’s lifetime exposure occurs before age 18.”
Advanced Lens Technology
My First Sunglasses UV400 lenses are composite, safe, and impact resistant plastic lenses that provide 100% UV A and B protection. The TAC polarised lenses are the most durable and glare-free that also provide high clarity vision, protection from UV rays, and necessary shades so you can see better on a sunny day
Benefits of Polarized Lenses
A high quality pair of sunglasses may include polarized lenses. A polarized lens offers the following advantages over non-polarized lenses:
- Increases visual comfort. Since your eyes aren’t constantly challenged by glare, it is easier to view objects in bright conditions.
- Enhances clarity of vision and contrast for ground level objects and for seeing into water.
- Reduces eyestrain. Frequent adjustments to the glare from reflections is taxing on the eyes and can lead to eye fatigue.
- Conveys colors faithfully.
- Diminishes reflections and glare.
GET A DROPNOISE SHADE CASE FOR FREE
Get a Dropnoise shade case for free when you purchase a My First Sunglasses shade. They are light, and compact for easy storage. Check out here.
FIT / SIZE GUIDE
Wayfarer Baby, Toddler and Junior, 110mm,115mm, 120mm:
These frames are all made from super flexible rubberised plastic material to withstand twisting and bending without breaking easily. We highly recommend these types of sunglasses for little ones who are learning to first wear sunglasses for maximum durability.
As the children grow older and no longer play rough with their sunglasses, the non-flexible, plastic resin frames are a better option, as they stay on better and look more mature and stylish.
True Value 2 Pack Sunglasses:
Available in 2 value packs that allows you to save even more! Click here : https://www.dropnoisestore.com/product/my-first-sunglasses-100-uv-polarised-shades-true-value-twin-pack/
All of our sunglasses come with:
- A high quality microfiber pouch bag that you can use to carry and clean your sunglasses with.
The Perfect Fit Guide:
Children’s face size and shape can vary greatly. Additionally, head size often doesn’t correlate to face width as head size measures the temple dome circumference, well above the face. To purchase a perfectly fitting sunglasses for your child without actually trying them on first, we highly recommend trying the following before purchasing:
- Make a FITMENT TOOL by cutting out a cardboard box using the sunglasses size that corresponds to your child’s age, using our pictured example shown above.
- Frame width = Arm length (for example, 110mm frame has 110mm long arms.)
- 110mm = 4 +1/4 inches
- 115mm = 4 and 1/2 inches
- 120mm = 4 and 3/4 inches
- Please make sure the arms are not too long and stick out far behind the child’s ears. This will make wearing them impossible in a stroller or in a car seat, as the sunglasses will pop off the baby’s face.
- We also highly recommend buying snug fitting sunglasses, as they stay put much better on the face. Purchasing larger sunglasses “to grow into” often leads to ill-fitting sunglasses, which your child will refuse to wear.
There are no reviews yet.